Already Higher Than Ever, Leading Economic Index Surged Again In October
Published Friday, November 19, 2021 at: 7:55 PM EST
Key forwarding-looking data are very strong, indicating the market-up could go on. The U.S. Leading Economic Index (LEI), has soared well beyond heights previously reached in modern history in recent months, and it surged again last month. The LEI rose nine-tenths of 1% in October, following an increase of one-tenth of 1% in September and seven-tenths of 1% in August. The economics team at The Conference Board, a big-business group that calculates the LEI, says October’s surge suggests the current economic expansion will continue into 2022 and may even gain momentum in the final months of 2021. The Conference Board forecasts growth...
- Despite Pandemic, Stocks Closed 2021 With A 26.9% Return
- Tracking The Economic Boom
- Fed Changes Its Inflation Stance
- Despite Inflation And Omicron, A Booming Economy
- The Week's Financial News: Crosscurrents In The Economy
- After Breaking Records For Six Weeks, Stocks Dropped -2.3% Friday
- Already Higher Than Ever, Leading Economic Index Surged Again In October
- Five Observations For Investment Planning For The Decades Ahead
- Financial Economic Outlook
- S&P 500 Closed Friday At Record High Again On Strong Earnings Reports
- With Economic Recovery Intact, Stocks Are Near Record Again
- Are The Five Stocks Driving The Market's Great Returns Overvalued?