The Financial Economic Situation Now
Published Friday, December 18, 2020 at: 7:30 PM EST
After closing at a new record high on Thursday, stock indexes declined fractionally today, as Congress struggled to meet a weekend deadline to write a law that would provide about $900 billion in additional federal relief to individuals and businesses suffering financially amid the deepening public health catastrophe. The news has been grim. Daily death and hospitalization rates tragically broke records recently and millions of families are in financial jeopardy. At the same time, however, the broad economy is doing fine, and stocks have been breaking records due to a shift in the asset valuation paradigm, as the relative value of...
- Despite Pandemic, Stocks Closed 2021 With A 26.9% Return
- Tracking The Economic Boom
- Fed Changes Its Inflation Stance
- Despite Inflation And Omicron, A Booming Economy
- The Week's Financial News: Crosscurrents In The Economy
- After Breaking Records For Six Weeks, Stocks Dropped -2.3% Friday
- Already Higher Than Ever, Leading Economic Index Surged Again In October
- Five Observations For Investment Planning For The Decades Ahead
- Financial Economic Outlook
- S&P 500 Closed Friday At Record High Again On Strong Earnings Reports
- With Economic Recovery Intact, Stocks Are Near Record Again
- Are The Five Stocks Driving The Market's Great Returns Overvalued?