Amid Worries, New Equity Risk Premium Data Explained
Published Friday, August 2, 2019 at: 7:00 AM EDT
The Federal Reserve cut interest rates this past week for the first time since the 2008 financial crisis because of fears the U.S. economy was slowing. U.S.-China trade talks ended with no progress and President Trump announced additional tariffs on Chinese imports, deepening the trade war between the world's two largest economies and the chance of a global slowdown. Meanwhile, Friday's new jobs report showed continuing strength in the U.S. economy's 10-year old expansion, though slower growth could result in a cut in profit expectations in the weeks ahead, as the stock market continued to hover near its all-time high.Amid...
- With Economic Recovery Intact, Stocks Are Near Record Again
- Are The Five Stocks Driving The Market's Great Returns Overvalued?
- Despite Gloomy Jobs Report, The Economic Outlook Remains Bright
- S&P 500 Rebounded Today After A Difficult Week And Month
- China Financial Contagion Fears Come And Go In A Few Days
- August Retail Sales Indicate The Recovery Is Intact
- This Week’s Financial Economic News
- Latest Financial Economic News For Investors
- After Fed Inflation Policy Speech, Stocks Closed At New Record High
- Stocks Closed 1% Off All-Time High; Strong New Economic Data
- Stocks Broke Record High Again This Week
- U.S. Jobs Picture Improved, Covid Variant Risk Declined, And Stocks Closed Week At Record
- This Week’s Economic And Investment News
- Positive Earnings, Housing, and LEI News; Stocks Closed Week At A Record
- Today Versus Post-War History Of U.S Economic Cycles
- Stocks Surged 1.1% Today, Closing At A Record High For The Third Straight Week
- Strong Jobs Report Confirms Recovery
- What's Ahead For The Second Half Of 2021?
- Despite Strong Economic News, Stocks Dropped This Past Week
- Stocks Closed At A Record High; What's Expected For The Rest of 2021?
- Jobs Situation Report Pushes Stocks A Fraction From All Time High
- Inflation Rate Doubled In Past Two Months
- Fed Signals It's Thinking About Starting To Talk About Tightening
- Expect Inflation To Make Investors Nervous Through 2021