Amid A Swirl Of Controversy, Fed Policy Remained Stable
Published Friday, November 9, 2018 at: 7:00 AM EST
Despite the double-digit plunge in stock prices in October and rebukes by the President, the Federal Reserve Board isn't changing course. Despite unusual turbulence, Fed policy remained stable and steady.Two days after pivotal midterm federal elections and two weeks after an 11% drop in the Standard & Poor's stock index, the Fed's Nov. 8 monthly monetary policy news-release repeated its long-held strategy for controlling rates and inflation.Despite the stock market plunge and unusually direct criticism of the Fed by President Donald J. Trump, the U.S. central bank policy remained unchanged. "The Committee decided to maintain the target range for...
- Despite Pandemic, Stocks Closed 2021 With A 26.9% Return
- Tracking The Economic Boom
- Fed Changes Its Inflation Stance
- Despite Inflation And Omicron, A Booming Economy
- The Week's Financial News: Crosscurrents In The Economy
- After Breaking Records For Six Weeks, Stocks Dropped -2.3% Friday
- Already Higher Than Ever, Leading Economic Index Surged Again In October
- Five Observations For Investment Planning For The Decades Ahead
- Financial Economic Outlook
- S&P 500 Closed Friday At Record High Again On Strong Earnings Reports
- With Economic Recovery Intact, Stocks Are Near Record Again
- Are The Five Stocks Driving The Market's Great Returns Overvalued?