Trump Tax Plan Upends Year-End Tax Planning
Published Friday, September 29, 2017 at: 7:00 AM EDT
Eager for a major legislative win, the Trump administration and Republican-controlled U.S. Congress are planning a massive tax cut, the biggest rewrite of the U.S. Tax Code since 1986. Between now and the end of the year, in a legislative and political process pregnant with uncertainty, some taxpayers are likely to come out as winners and others as losers. Year-end tax planning, which is pretty much the same exercise every year, has been upended, and ignoring now how proposed changes to tax rules might affect your personal situation could result in a costly mistake this year. The Big...
- Despite Pandemic, Stocks Closed 2021 With A 26.9% Return
- Tracking The Economic Boom
- Fed Changes Its Inflation Stance
- Despite Inflation And Omicron, A Booming Economy
- The Week's Financial News: Crosscurrents In The Economy
- After Breaking Records For Six Weeks, Stocks Dropped -2.3% Friday
- Already Higher Than Ever, Leading Economic Index Surged Again In October
- Five Observations For Investment Planning For The Decades Ahead
- Financial Economic Outlook
- S&P 500 Closed Friday At Record High Again On Strong Earnings Reports
- With Economic Recovery Intact, Stocks Are Near Record Again
- Are The Five Stocks Driving The Market's Great Returns Overvalued?